What Is the Best Type of Window?
Update Your Home With Energy-Efficient Windows
Hinkle Roofing is proud to partner with Universal Windows Direct to provide high-quality replacement windows. As your preferred home improvement company, we install everything from picture windows to double hung windows. Our established name plus solid replacement window products from Universal Windows Direct make for a great home improvement investment!
Available Window Styles
The right windows for your home will be influenced by several factors, including the size of the opening, the window location, your home’s architectural design and your budget.
Double Hung Windows
Enjoy a more comfortable home highlighted by double hung windows. Benefits of double hung windows include:
- Versatility. Double hung windows are the most popular window style and come in a variety of sizes and colors.
- Easy to clean. Our double hung windows feature tilt-out sashes that make them very easy to clean.
Enjoy the beauty custom-designed picture windows bring to your home. Benefits of picture windows include:
- Natural light. Picture windows come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and can be very large, permitting lots of natural light to enter your home and providing excellent views.
- Excellent efficiency. Because picture windows are fixed and do not open, they are the most energy-efficient windows.
Bay & Bow Windows
Add unique architectural interest to a room with the addition of a beautiful bay or bow window. Benefits of these windows include:
- Aesthetic appeal. Bay and bow windows give a home a clean, modern look from the outside. On the inside, they add elegance and create a feeling of additional space within a room.
- Views. Bay and bow windows create panoramic views and provide a great deal of natural light from multiple directions.
Casement & Awning Windows
Instead of lifting upward, casement windows are hinged at the side and crank outward, while awning windows are hinged at the top. Benefits of these windows include:
- Great efficiency. Casement and awning windows are highly efficient because the window sash presses against the frame when closed, sealing tight against drafts.
- Easy operation. Because they crank open, these windows offer easy operation even in hard-to-reach spaces.
Enjoy a fantastic view of the outdoors. Benefits of sliding windows include:
- Easy to use. Sliding windows require very little effort to open and close. They glide on brass rollers for smooth, quiet operation.
- Views. Sliding windows can be manufactured in large sizes, so they can be used to frame a view and brighten a room.