Cedar Siding Installation
At Hinkle Roofing, we strive to always use quality products, and cedar siding is one of them. If you’re looking to give your exterior an upgrade, cedar siding can add a beautiful touch to it that will be much admired! It’s a great way to refresh your exterior and offers many options that allow you to create a custom design of your choosing.
Advantages of Cedar Siding
Homes sided with cedar enjoy some definite advantages, including a beautiful exterior, increased value and better protection from the elements.
- Classic, timeless visual appeal will enhance most architectural styles.
- Can be stained or painted to achieve the custom look you want.
- Easily installed and can last up to 75 years as long as it is properly maintained.
- Some options look even better as they age.
- Numerous profile choices are available including shingles, beveled and shakes.
- Increased comfort thanks to cedar’s great insulative value.
Disadvantages of Cedar Siding
Cedar siding does require a commitment to regular maintenance to stop deterioration and preserve its beauty.
- More expensive than other siding materials.
- Flammable and must be specially treated.
- Must be repainted or re-stained every few years.
- More susceptible to rot and insects than synthetic siding.