Talk to the Exterior Experts at Hinkle Roofing
There are many options for siding out in the marketplace. At Hinkle Roofing, we’ve worked with most and understand the complexities of each material. Fiber cement can be an attractive choice for Alabama homeowners for many reasons. Discover more about this siding material here before making your final selection.
Advantages of Fiber Cement Siding
- Extremely durable and fire-resistant, a huge advantage in climates that are naturally more susceptible to high humidity and severe weather such as tornadoes.
- Can be designed to look like wood, stucco and other materials to convey a custom feel on a home’s exterior.
- Comes pre-finished for longer paint life and a wide range of color options.
- Will not succumb to rot or insect infestations.
- Seams don’t overlap, which means mold and mildew won’t take hold between interior and exterior walls.
- Environmentally-friendly because it is made from cellulose fiber, sand, silica, Portland cement and recycled glass.
Disadvantages of Fiber Cement Siding
- Installation requires more skill and therefore is more expensive than other siding materials.
- Fiber cement siding must be repainted periodically, though the paint job lasts longer than on wood siding.
Making a Decision
Let the experts at Hinkle Roofing help you decide if fiber cement siding is the right choice for you and your home. You can count on us to provide you with the expertise to help you make an informed decision, and solutions that make all the difference and guarantee your satisfaction.