You’ve probably heard this before: your roof is only as good as its installation. No matter how high-quality, durable, and expensive your roofing material choice may be, if it’s not installed or applied properly and according to industry standards, it’s bound to fail prematurely. This is why it’s important that you carefully choose the commercial roofing contractor to hire and work with.
By working with a reliable commercial roofer, you are assured of the following:
- They are experienced, trained, and certified to install your chosen roofing system. The more reliable roofing manufacturers certify roofers that pass their stringent requirements. These certifications give contractors the exclusive permission to offer, install and service the manufacturer’s roofing systems. Furthermore, before a contractor gets certified, they must be able to prove their track record and they must be fully insured. A certified contractor also commits to being trained by the manufacturer on a continuing basis, so they are likely to be cognizant of the best and latest techniques in roof installation.
- They have the right tools, equipment and safety gear. Because they undergo the necessary formal training to properly install your chosen roof system, a professional commercial roofer will have the items required for a smooth and safe installation.
- They offer and honor labor and manufacturer warranties. Reliable manufacturers back their products with extensive warranties, which require that the roof be installed by certified roofers. The roofers themselves also typically offer labor guarantees, proving their confidence with quality of their work and the products they offer and install.
How to Find a Reliable Commercial Roofer
To properly determine if a roofer is worth working with, follow these tips:
- Ask for proof of business permits and contractor license.
- Ask for a list of customer references.
- Ask for proof of insurance.
- Ask for their business address and contact numbers.
- Ask for warranty details.
If you strive to educate yourself on the important factors to consider, replacing or upgrading the roof of your commercial property shouldn’t be too hard. Set a reasonable budget, choose the best material that’ll suits that budget and your property’s requirements, and hire the right roofer, and you’ll definitely make the most of your investment.